Search This Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Unforgettable achievement that I am proud of…

Unforgettable achievement that I am proud of…

 Dr. C P Dhanalakshmi,
Head Of the Department,
Chemistry,
Dhanalakshmi College of Engineering.



Taking a step ahead in life as a teacher can be a real change. Soon after graduating in my PG degree, I started my profession as a chemistry teacher at Bharathi Vidhya Bhavan higher secondary school at Erode. It was a moment at the end of academic year, where the students were busy writing their board examinations. I still remember the day at 12.00 pm, it was during the mathematics exam when our school received an unfortunate call that one of our student’s father had passed away. As a class teacher, I was really much bothered and tormented to share this news to the student concerned. His name is Sai Prasanth. I was much shaky to handle this issue. Then with a burdened and heavy heart, I managed to inform this news to him and sent him home with an accompanying staff.

I knew this news would have pulled him down mentally. I was fully distressed and was not able to sleep that night. Then I decided to be with him as a moral support to help him overcome all obstacles. I spoke to his mother the very next day and convinced her to send her son back to school and requested that he be made to stay in the hostel until he completed his board examinations. His mother was much cooperative and sent her son to the school. I took full responsibility of the child and gave him moral encouragement. I spent my entire time in preparing him for the exams. With God’s grace I was able to train him well in his education and he was able to score exceptional marks and topped the board examination. 

And the fruit of that hardship is that now “He is a Doctor”. When I heard this news I was filled with mixed emotions and overflowing gladness.  As a teacher the feeling of achievement after obtaining one’s goal is unforgettable. This is an unforgettable achievement that I am very much proud of.




2 comments:

  1. This is really a moving experience. Wish you have many more experiences like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madam you are rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    A great achievement indeed..... My great wishes!!!! We request you to continue to do the wonderful service.... We would also join your path.....

    ReplyDelete